I redesigned the cover image, however I had problems deleting the previous version, and also there were possible issues with the links to the comics pages, so I have set up a new document, and started afresh.
The cover image is based on elements of Vermeer paintings that I have redrawn, and composed in a new arrangement for this cover. I think the logo looks better here than just in white space, as on the previous version.
I had some problems getting this from Clip Studio; although I had set the same proportions and bleed in each, it seemed that the overall paper was a different proportion in Clip Studio, giving an inelegant cropping that lost e.g. the edge of the easel. I was able to fix this by resizing some of the elements in Clip Studio.
Leave a Reply.
Graham Johnstone ~ Master of Design - Comics and Graphic Novels student 2016-17